Saturday, August 13, 2011

Be Loving You Long Time


 "We can share what we've got of yours 'cause we done shared all of mine."
Jack Straw, Robert Hunter

Hunter's Notes, love the internet



Or as we have said fondly of more than one client:  "what's mine is mine and what's your's is negotiable . . ."
Scrap the bulk of last week.  Too much stress borne of being angry at people not pulling their weight.  Under-performers who take a week off and not think about the bottom line.  Could not walk into the woods with darling daughter without knowing we are going to be ok.  Worry over disappointing her and draws and work creates a noxious chemical stew resulting in completely fucked up the yoga practice, some of the worst classes in years.  MH looks a bit shocked when I can barely stand on one foot.  Nothing good about this.  I tried, kept up the gym routine but cortisol means crappy like Christmas means carnage.  That's a Babe reference, duck to the pig you know.

STFU.  You think you got something to complain about ?  Read Mo Tancharoen's blog and get a grip.  http://itssonotsexy.tumblr.com/post/8760928353/four#notes      You are 51 (very soon 52), and pretty beastly healthy.  Just stop it.

Friday
Pradeep sub, slow easy class and that's fine.

Saturday
Running all over with all three, Brigid buys BMX bike of her dreams and we shop and walk the dog who comes up very gimpy.
About 6:00 go out for this:
10+10x5, 16kg single arm swings
20 total alternating press, 20 KG, to 3 doubles
3+3 24kg
1+1 32
cleans and hold 36 for 10

10 suitcase deads, 32/36
8+8 32kg rows
10 front squats, twin 20's
x3. Fail on the 32 press right second set, both sides third.  Worst 32 press sessions in a very long time, and I don't know if the high reps with the 20's just had me laggard or if I am in a downward spiral or what.  Pressing the 36 feels far far away.
30/30 24kg swings, 20 rep pace x 10.

Sunday.  In to pick up work and 90 min EH.  Lazy ass do not bring B and its a big mistake.  Miss him terribly.  Drenched.  Home to five hours of work.  C is listening to Dr. Horrible, The Commentary, and there is Mo's clear voice singing Nobody's Asian In The Movies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNmzegQUtFA and then to Joss' brilliant number. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VffJKKp2BrU   Makes me grin and reflect on what matters, what Mo is putting out there and stop feeling angry and sorry for myself.

Monday.  Have told myself its 3 on and 1 off to keep from getting too jacked up so this is off day.

Tuesday.  Late throwdown for 60 with Buckley, his training is catching up with his writing ("I thought, if I could write a tight sonnet and bench press a Buick, some day some girl just might take her top off for me.")  We do an hour of drills.  This is not a workout.  This is Zen and The Art of Kettlebells.  Between this, CT's fine micro movement instruction, yoga, and my own beast sessions, I may have stumbled upon the perfect combo for this time.  Walking out from the studio to the ferry, some really beautiful woman stopped me, called me sweetie,  asked for directions and started chatting me up.  Maybe it was the gun show and the VFF; at my age and status we take what we can get and still with adolescent delight.  52 going on 12.
Wednesday
Its late and fried from seven hours with interruptions every ten minutes from one client.  He chops up my day like a seventh grader dissecting an earth worm and slowly becoming so fucked.  Get one of the four agreements backed up on out after sending an email instructing him that he has to leave me alone for an hour.  By 6:30 it's either me or him and I choose me and get into the gym to see if my press really has deteriorated as far as it seemed to have last Sat.  Goes like:

10+10 16kg one arm swings x 3
Long cycle double C & P
5 20
4 24
3 28
1+1 x 2 32 singles
10 24kg Goblet squats
8 pull ups, 16 lb assist
10 front squats, twin 20's
3x
30/30 24kg swings, 20 reps x 10.
Presses just fine, very good in fact.


Thursday
Just nuts.  Get in really early for some fooling around work.  GS insertion drill, snatch motion practice, upstairs for inversions.  Dan John two minute plank drill.  There's a 25' rope tied to a 40kg bell and do quick Tabata circuit, 20 sec on 10 sec off x 8 with rope and high step drills.  Very good 24kg bu presses and double clean and hold.  Disneyland.

Late EH yoga, more than usual planks, good good class.


 Friday
Looking forward to Pradeep all day, no sign of sub online but walk in and it is my least favorite can't chant white boy sub.  No.  Impromptu circuit training session:


100 16kg single arm swing warm-up
20 decline push-ups, one foot up, switch at 10.
20 20kg tactical lunges
10+10 28kg rows
5+5 sls x 2, 16kg bu second time through
x3.  Worst sls since I can remember.  My balance is all fucked up and I can't hold the 16kg bu on the left at all third circuit.  Shake it out and go to Coach Dos complex, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rs0zxwX9HM but lose the handle on the figure 8's, and cleans feel bad and just shut it down and hope to be better tomorrow.



No comments: