Saturday, February 8, 2014

High Tension Wire



"An eight ball baby and a jug of wine . . ."
Danny Barnes



December 1, 2012 I was sitting outside the locked door of the office at 44 Montgomery with Brigid and 15 bankers boxes of files.  I'd walked away from colleagues of the last 14 years, and moved what I imagined was my "practice" and it was now scattered around the hallway in front of the locked suite.  We'd been given the wrong suite key, so stuck.  Brigid:  "they're really rolling out the welcome wagon for you aren't they dad ?"

It got better and 2013 was the best of my professional career.  Yoga practice shrank to almost non-existent by the end of the year.  But threw the iron around, a lot, and arms and shoulders are absurdly large. I feel like Gimli when he drops the chain mail over his head in the Two Towers. Everything is a little tight.  Yes, you do have the time.

I don't know if 2014 will work out as well; I'll stress about it.  But I'll never again be crippled by self-doubt and afraid to make a move.  Gotten used to being a high tension wire . . .

No comments: