Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hurricane Party


"The hurricane party's windin' down and we're all waitin' for the end
And I don't want another drink, I only want that last one again
 It gave me such a fine glow, smokin' slow, now I should probably be homeward bound
There's just no one to talk to when the lines go down."
 James McMurtry, Hurricane Party

August 29; 51st anniversary of birth and 5th anniversary of Katrina.  Minor and major in the key of shitstorms.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQI_lI0vC6Y&feature=related .  Hate the kind of part time pirates he sings of toward the end, just sit your drunk ass down.
No macebells, just bottles.  One Rodney Strong Pinot and and Glenlivet.  Those, and an old stray dog, recently shaved with no teeth, visiting for the weekend.  Not going to adopt, but if I did I'd name it macebell.

Friday, start way into City, but really don't need to so drop Ian and park in WF until 2:30 getting stuff done.  Late afternoon marsh walk with Ian and my constant companion.
Saturday, 9:30 am yoga,
then dinner with whole fam at Sara and Pat's.
This am.
Get up, take dog and second son for marsh walk.  Then into sf, buy him shit kicker boots at Dr. Martens, cute salesgirl.  Gettin' that something less than the Marilyn Manson look would be good.  We leave, park Ian at Daniel's, well shod.
Head to CT's.  We do a 10-15 minutes of mobility work, much of which is cloddish.  Then onto cc wall rows (120) a few swings, and then gs squats.  She says do birthday snatches, I thought 100 in five, she meant 51.  I go on a mission, they are amused and supportive.  We do 53 goblet squats in honor of Dan John.  Happy to do it and all feels good.  Whole session leaves me pumped and giddy.

Get home and bathe Barry.  He does a beautiful job, putting one foot, then the other gently on the step in the shower, washing himself carefully.  I shave him, he steps back under the water.  He has his left hand on heart, right hand on belly, reflexively, warm water running gently over his body.  His eyes closed, looks like Buddha.  I am bathed in warmth with him.
Yeah, it's a shitstorm, but it's my shitstorm.  Looking forward to a stronger 52, wherever the lines are.

No comments: