Saturday, October 9, 2010

19 Pageviews From Bulgaria



"Life is mostly a good reason to go for a walk with your dog."
Robert Brault

It ought to be clear by now that I don't get around much.  Grew up on one side of the bay, went to school on another, and built a career on a third.  All within a radius of about thirty miles, probably less.
It's a sweet 30 miles to be sure.  Driving through Hayes Valley this morning, taking Grupo Fantasma to the airport, Gilbert E, trumpet player, after telling me about gigs in Iraq and all over, just said "man this is a sweet little neighborhood."  My feelings exactly. Though I did nearly tell him to stfu when he mentioned something about unloading his stuff.  Yeah it's a small world but I ain't your bitch and you could stand to drop 60 pounds.
Chill; earlier this week I noticed the statistics tab on Blogger.  I hit it and there were recorded 19 views from Bulgaria.  I don't know if there was a real body behind those views, just as likely some eastern european or wherever bot crawling for references to god knows what.  Kettlebells ? Labradors ? Rodney Strong Pinot ?
But I am amused that on the off chance there was a body behind those views, that person saw fit to scroll 19 pages of blather from someone who never gets out of his comfort zone.  I'm bettin' its the music links or Rose, she is the pretty one here, so above is a good picture of her as usual in the marsh as usual from this afternoon my Bulgarian bot friend.
Week went like this:
Monday
Pradeep class
Tuesday, training like
Burpees to three pushups to twin 24 suitcase deads x 5
10 GS, 24 kg
Press
5+5 16, 3+3 24, 1+1 x 2 32
5+5x2 sls bu 12kg second
Swings
15/15 10 rep pace, alternate 32 and 24, x 20
Wednesday, 2 miles am,
Pm, 60 min MH
Thursday, nothing, unless you count sprinting down market half a mile 
to catch boat after getting text that Brigid's blood pressure is scary 
high; stay tuned.
Friday, crazy busy, workout late
15 decline pushups, one foot up and switch
10+10 split squats, 35 plate
1-5 press ladder, 24kg
20 walking lunges, twin 35 lb dumbells
3x, decline pushups really strong, could have gone for more reps easy.
50 24kg swings
10 reverse pull ups off smith machine
5 neutral grip pull ups, 22lb assist
x3
Another 50 swings.
Pull ups good, just enough assistance to really focus on lats and form.
DOMS this morning; but 75 min yoga, very good class, then three mile marsh walk.

I like being here and walking my dog.  If you find that surf worthy, hang out.

No comments: