Friday, January 14, 2011

Never mind, no do . . .


"And that has made all the difference."
The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost

I won't go back and edit or delete a post no matter how cringe worthy.  If I wrote it down it was hopefully an accurate, if perhaps unintelligible, description of the moment.  If not, then I really need the reminder.
Suffice it to say that I will not be blowing anything up.  My feelings about this move have not changed.  But having told others exactly how I feel and seen their fear were this to implode I cannot be the cause of wreckage.  It doesn't work, I'll be ok, others will have landed softly.  I am not a terrorist.  Gonna let my freak flag fly and be amused.  As to the fearful, get over yourself.  Get The Fuck Over Yourself.
Sunday.  In this post JL era I get to work a lot more on weekends and at nights.  It sucks but as brilliant as he is, the work product is better.  Into the gym before a delightful Sunday of trial prep and msa review:
Pushups, 20/20 10 reps, x8
10 24kg goblet squats
assisted pull-ups 5/28, 3/22
10+10 stepback lunges, twin 12 in rack.
3x, 10 pushups on 2/3 for 100 total.
15/15 32kg swings, x 5
20 24kg swings
1+1 tgu x5
15/15/20 32kg swings
Set me up real fine for the day's work.  Next time you are stressed and want to skip it, don't.
Monday, awesome fucking awesome Pradeep class.
Tuesday, nothing.
Wednesday, nothing.  These two in a row rest days are no good, but in office till late.
Thursday,
1.5 miles in am and some gtg, bu 24 right 3x, left once, bu 32 right can feel like moving it up.  No problem with 32 clean right anymore and 24 left much better.  Negatives on the pullup station, varied grip.
Leave early to trim the freak flag but I am late and AE looks at me really concerned.  I'd canceled the day before; I thought she said 2:30, but 2:00 and she looked so hurt.  There are not many people I have known consistently for 20 plus years and we have both been through shit together.
Back into gym where JH and company are laughing, you again ?
Burpees to three pushups to suit case deads twin 24 x 5
different lunge work, twin 12's, single 20, twin 16 squats
Press work
double 20x5
double 24x5
1+1 single 32kgx2
The doubles work is just enough different from the usual routine to make the single 32's that much more difficult and last sets on left were utter failure.  NTS: do more doubles.
3x
24kg swings, 50x4
 in between sets, woodchoppers, 42.5 and 35, TRX high low.
Finished in time for EH class, but she woulda killed me after that.
Home and and another three hours of work; just going to be this way.
Stumbling along the road much traveled  . . .

No comments: