Monday, May 3, 2010

Beautiful Strength


"You made your body; own it."
D. Whitley

Thanks DW; thanks for flyin' here from Nashville and good luck getting back.  Thanks for slammin' that nail through a board and popping the balloon.  Pretty fucking impressive.
But really thanks for telling me to raise both hips while lying down getting ready to come up to the elbow.  Then telling me to glue the left glute down and come up to left elbow, visualize the glute lat connection as an x.  To stop thinking about your body as a core with extremeties but as a single unit moving through space.  That is really gonna help TGU's and want to use that 'till they scatter me.
Surprising to see a 270 lb. guy move that well.  First time I saw CT do a TGU with high hip bridge, straight line from fingertips through shoulders to supporting hand chest out was awesome; to see a 40 year old guy 170 pounds heavier move with similar grace was enlightening.
Don't mind owning my body.  Don't feel I am operating from a position of weakness.  I like being able to work on stuff.  To practice.  Knowing that I can and will improve.  There is a ton of shit I will never do; gonna focus on doing what I can better.  When I can do that, add more.  Yeah, probably should keep track and add weight.  Numbers really care about are resting heart rate, blood pressure and cholesterol.  Those are just fine.
TR keeping it real.  Slamming swing workout, then talking about her 300 pound client, eight swings per minute.  Thrilled that recently she could walk upstairs to a restaurant.  That is doing something for someone.  Remember breaking into a pouring sweat slogging across the soft sand at Baker Beach with all the kid gear, stopping and sucking wind, fat and slow.  That guy is gone, done.  I'll own that and can't wait to do get-ups and swings tomorrow.
 Thursday
Three miles, gtg on single leg squats and jerks, getting better.
Friday, Three miles, in back preservation mode.
Saturday, 90 minute yoga.  Felt great.  After, gtg bottoms up clean.  Stuck the 24 on the right side, surprise surprise.  Three miles in pm.
Sunday.  Seminar, TR swing fest, strong pretty much all day though flailing on crooked arm bars at the end.
Today, back better than felt in ten days.  Really good after all those swings.  Not beat up.
Three miles, 12 minutes front and side plank circuits.  30 minutes of pain free catch with a hardball and my 14 year old jockette and joyful labrador.

Looking forward to tomorrow; if I have to run to catch the boat, I will be able.

No comments: